2017 National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT)
This course is open to all Boy Scouts and Venturers that meet the eligibility requirements We are looking forward to serving and training you well.
Participant registration is now OPEN! Please submit your online registration early to help ensure a slot for your son/daughter to attend.
Participant Course Dates:
This years course dates are June 4th-9th 2017 Registration can be found by clicking orange register button along the right-hand side of this page.
1. Boy Scouts and Varsity Scouts must be 13 years of age as of January 1, 2017
2. Boy Scouts and Varsity Scouts must be a First Class Scout and have completed their unit's Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST)
3. Venturing youth participants must be at least 14 years of age as of January 1, 2017, and have completed Crew Officer Orientation and Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crew (ILSC).
4. All Scouts and Venturers must have the recommendation of their unit leader.
A complete registration package must contain; Online Application, Unit Leader's Evaluation, and a current Medical Form (dated 2017).
Staff, please click here to register.
Health Form (PDF) (You must complete parts A, B, and C)
Unit Leader Evaluation (PDF) (Please Print and Email it back to the NYLT Course Director)
- Give participants the confidence and knowledge to conduct the troop program in their home units
- Provide participants with a clear understanding of team and personal development
- Create an environment of Scouting fellowship and fun guided by the Scout Oath and Law
- Give participants the opportunity to share ideas and experiences with other Scouts
- Have fun and experience Scouting at its best
Questions please contact:
NYLT Course Directors