The Miami Valley Council owns and operates three properties in the Miami Valley: Cricket Holler Scout Camp, Woodland Trails Scout Reservation and the Harry F. Schiewetz Leadership Training Center at Cricket Holler.
Miami Valley Council Properties
Weekend Camping at Council Properties
Both Cricket Holler Scout Camp and Woodland Trails Scout Reservation make ideal camping destinations for Packs, Troops, Crews and outside organizations. Each camp has specific features that help provide a unique experience for your group.
Cricket Holler Scout Camp
Cricket Holler Scout Camp - Campgrounds
The campgrounds features rustic campsites for tent camping, adorondak shelters, the Kiwanis Lodge (K-Lodge) and several small fields for group activities. Want to rough it for a weekend? Try one of our wilderness campsites deep in the woods of Cricket Holler.
Cricket Holler Scout Camp - Schiewetz Leadership Training Center
The Schiewetz Leadership Training Center is a cutting edge outdoor education facility located just minutes from downtown Dayton. The campus features a large training center with ample room for small group breakout sessions and four luxurious cabins featuring a kitchen, two showers and commons room, for overnight accomodations. This facility makes a great location for coporate retreats, annual meetings, receptions, birthday parties, wedding receptions and training events.
Woodland Trails Scout Reservation
Woodland Trails Scout Reservation
During the summer Woodland Trails is transformed into one of the premier camping facilities in the midwest. During the fall, winter and spring the camp becomes a top weekend camping destination. The property features a large Dining Hall and commercial kitchen, archery, rifle and shotgun ranges, lakefront, pool, and miles of trails throughout the property. Campsites are available in the off season, just bring your tents and pitch them on wooden platforms located in each campsite.
How to Make a Reservation
To make a reservation at one of our properties please contact the Customer Service Representative at the Miami Valley Council Service Center to determine availability. You can make a reservation by calling 937-278-4825 or e-mail Shawanda Smith, Customer Service Representative.
Please note that all deposits and full payment for the reservation is due at time of the reservation. Reservations for weekend are based on a first paid, first served basis. Your reservation is not confirmed until full payment is recieved.
For the purpose of "full payment" estimated attendance is used to calculate camper cost. Additional fees will be collected at check-in at camp.
Short Term Camping Forms
Camp Use Guidelines - Please review the Camp Use Guidelines prior to making a reservation for weekend camping at a Miami Valley Council property.
Camp and Facility Reservation Form - This form should be completed and sent to the Miami Valley Council Service Center, attention Customer Service Representative, to begin your booking for a facility at a property.
Camp Activity Roster - In order to save time we suggest that the Camp Activity Roster be completed prior to arrival at camp. This roster of all participants will be collected by the Campmaster or Ranger upon arrival at camp. Any outstanding balances must be paid prior to heading to the facility or campsite.
Woodland Trails - Camping Fees
Cricket Holler Scout Camp - Tait & Schiewetz - Camping Fees
- This fee schedule should be used by chairmen and staff advisor for council activities and training. All reservations made for District and Council events must be made by the staff advisor for the event.
Reservation and Refund Policy for Short Term Camping:
- Reservations can be made by in-Council units no earlier than the first day of the 11th month prior to the desired date. Out-of-Council units and non-Scout organizations may make reservations 9 months in advance of the event date.
- All reservations are “first come, first served.”
- All facility use reservations are made through the Service Center. A completed short term camping reservation form and payment of the full fee is required the date the reservation is made..
- Cancellations received 60 days before the use date will be refunded 100%. Cancellations received between 59 and 30 days before the use date will be refunded 50%. No refunds for cancellations within 29 days of the use date.